Sunday, January 2, 2011

.30 Day Challenge: Day Two: Sooophieeee! Soophieeeee!

I have a few favourite movies having spent quite a while thinking about that list that I had written a few weeks ago.

As you may have guessed, I am a fan of relatively older movies, and am a person of irregular tastes.  But I like it that way, so if you have an issue with that, go talk to Squeaky. (Who, I am happy to report, called me sister-in-bloggery, which at first just made me go "Did she just call me a blogger? Does this mean I blog on a regular basis? Holy crap! The end is nigh!" Now it makes me go, "If the end is nigh, why aren't pigs flying and why do I have to sit through these terribly horrific Westerns?" You do not know the meaning of horror until you have to sit through a Western.  Maybe this is just me being biased.  Is there a category of least favourite movies? Because Westerns would be on the top of the list.  Or the bottom, depending on which is worse.)

But I digress. Oooh, that's a good word. so is nigh. -adds to the Squeaky-drabble list-

So, let me think... movies.  I love musicals, if I haven't mentioned it before.  Singing just makes everything more enjoyable for me.  Which is probably one of the reasons I like to sing.

Movies....  click on the titles for a little youtube trailer! Warning: This list is going to be incredibly old school.

Meet Me In St. Louis - will probably be the most corniest, random musical that will always ever be amongst my favourite list.

Little Women: - one movie that I wasn't too disappointed in comparing it to the books.  All of the right characters end up together and all the parts are played pretty much perfectly.

North and South - One of the only movies I will watch 4 hours in a row without stopping (or falling asleep).  It is also the only movie that has ever made me squeal like a little girl whenever I watch it.  And I mean, whenever I watch it.  And you can't go wrong with Richard Armitage (who I had the hugest crush on. And maybe still do... >.>) Mind you, the final scene... pwoaaarrrr.

Finally...

Wives and Daughters - The book, and the movie, are AMAZING. Usually I don't find domestics fascinating enough to watch 6 or 8 hours of it, but holy crap! This was brilliant! And I didn't feel dumb writing it.  Although perhaps, indulging a little because the dude from Foyle's War was in it. Hmm...

3 comments:

  1. *straining and gristlecracklegristle noises* ...no...i can't restrain myself.... aren't the last two TV series...? ...um... *innocent whistling*
    have to agree with you about westerns. ...well...*most* of 'em. like every genre, there *are* some good ones out there. but i don't willingly watch them. i only really know that because hubby's fond of a few. and Blazing Saddles still counts as a western too, right...? (again with the farting - one of the funniest scenes ever! XD )

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. am in total agreement about Richard Armitage. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Yes.

    And I believe we've already had the *mini* series discussion, so yeah. I appreciate the comment XD

    ReplyDelete