Thursday, January 6, 2011

.30 Day Challenge: Day Six - A Martian wielding a rubber noodle in a pot.

.Well, technically today's one is 'Whatever Tickles Your Fancy'.  So I've decided upon two things.  To either write a short story based on a prompt (which we would call a oneshot in the fanfic world) or a poem that are based one one prompt.  I still haven't chosen which one, so we'll just have to see with what ends up escaping from me.

The prompt: (Thanks be to Mar) An alien from Mars finds refuge in a flower pot because he's so small.

This jar of red, brown and clay
Is just for me to find my way
Its uses are amongst the best
With peace enough for me to rest

I  watch the earthlings all around
With flurry, colour, light and sound
They are oblivious to my plan
I'll catch them unaware if I can


For beneath this jar of clay and earth
My home, in all its mighty worth
Will see me rise to heights unknown
And use the earthlings for my throne


Till then, hide I must in this flower pot
For of this earth, indeed I am not
A Martian, still in this earthen fort
Must bide some time till I'm not so short.

Well, there you have it! I ran it by Mar and she said she loved it.  Which is great! <3 Love you! And I shall linkest thee. and Squeaky.

2 comments:

  1. *chuckle* love the last stanza! particularly the last line... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, why thank you! I'm very glad you loved it! I enjoyed yours as well.

    ReplyDelete